Makaton is a language programme that uses signs and symbols to help people to communicate. It is based on British Sign Language and is designed to support spoken language with signs and symbols used alongside speech and in spoken word order.
What is Makaton Friendly Status
The Makaton Friendly scheme recognises organisations that strive to make their services accessible to
people who use Makaton to aid their communication.
Would you like to:
- join the 400 organisations across the UK who are approved as Makaton Friendly?
- be part of becoming the first Makaton Friendly town in the North of England?
- “go the extra mile” to help people with individual needs
- be a part of unlocking the potential of children with Down’s syndrome?
1. Create a warm and welcoming environment where everyone is included
2. Increased customer satisfaction
3. Increase staff satisfaction by investing in training
4. Increase your business by promoting Makaton Friendly Status
5. Increase your network in the Northwich area by being part of a Makaton Friendly Group
6. Be part of the first town in the North West to receive Makaton Friendly town status
What you can expect to receive
- A free two-hour taster course
- Knowledge of Makaton signs and symbols that are relevant to your business
- signage for your buildings
What happens next?
If you are interested in taking part in the initiative and helping to make your businesses more
accessible, then please follow this link and complete our registration form. We will then contact you with some dates for a fun, informal two-hour training course that will be hosted at our office 125 – 129 Witton St., Northwich CW9 5DY.
This project has been made possible by the generous support of Rotary Club Vale Royal, Rotary Club of Northwich, and Northwich Bid.