Cheshire Down’s Syndrome Support Group is looking to appoint a new Treasurer with experience of strategic financial management to join our strong and dedicated Board of Trustees.
A Treasurer you will oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and offer valuable advice on strategic development and sustainability of our services. This will include:
- Overseeing the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensuring proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitoring and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Overseeing the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Becoming an ambassador for the charity, raising the profile of the charity in the local community with the focus being around World Down Syndrome Day on 21st March
Please note this is an unpaid position (reasonable expenses will be paid) and would require that individuals attend meetings of the Board.